The Crate and Barrel Credit Card is a store credit card that offers good savings oppurtunities to cardholders on furniture and home decor items. The Crate and Barrel Card will earn 10% back in reward dollars which can be redeemed for cash value.
This card impresses home decor lovers by its 10% back in reward dollars or receive 6 months special financing on purchases of $749 or more at Crate & Barrel with $20 rewards vouchers. One of the main highlights of this card is the above average earning rate for store purchases.
The CB2 store card has no annual fee and offer cardmembers a choice between earning reward dollar or special financing services with 0% APR. The Crate and Barrel credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank and the card has high purchase and annual APR.
- 1 Crate and Barrel Credit Card Review
- 2 Crate and Barrel Credit Card Highlights
- 3 Key Benefits of Crate and Barrel Credit Card or CB2 Mastercard
- 4 Create and Barrel or CB2 Mastercard Reward Points
- 5 Rate and Fees of Crate and Barrel Credit Card
- 6 Pros & Cons of Crate and Barrel Credit Card
- 7 Major Difference Between Crate and Barrel and CB2 Mastercard
- 8 Eligibility Criteria for Crate & Barrel Credit Card
- 9 Should you apply for Crate and Barrel Credit Card?
- 10 How to apply for Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
- 11 Crate and Barrel Credit Card FAQs
Crate and Barrel Credit Card Review
The Crate and Barrel card has no membership fee with above averag reward rate. The card has no welcome bonus, but the Crate and Barrel Mastercard offers 2% back in Reward Dollars on grocery store and 1% back on all other purchases. To know, if this card is ideal for you or not, read on.
Crate and Barrel Credit Card Highlights
|Cash Advance APR
|Credit Score Range
|650 – 850
Key Benefits of Crate and Barrel Credit Card or CB2 Mastercard
The Crate and Barrel and CB2 Mastercard offer good saving on furniture and home decor items by offering 10% back in Reward Dollars. Let’s explore all the benefits and features of this card:
- No annual fee: The card has no annual fee and is a good option for people looking for a low-maintenance cash back credit card. You earn cashback on eligibile purchases. You don’t have to pay any fee.
- Reward Earning: The Crate and Barrel Credit earn 10% back in Reward Dollar at Crate and Barrel or CB2, 2% back on grocery store purchases and 1% back on all other purchases. The Reward Dollars will expire in 12 months if you do not purchase for 12 months.
- Financing benefits: You get 6 month special financing scheme benefits on purchases of $749 or more at Crate and Barrel store offline and online.
- ID Theft Protection: The Crate and Barrel credit card provides cardholders Master ID protection and ID Theft Resolution services.
- Require fair or good credit: You get approval for Crate and barrel credit card is your credit score is above 650.
» MORE: Dodge Credit Card
Create and Barrel or CB2 Mastercard Reward Points
Crate and Barrel Rewards Earning
Card holders who want to earn reward points instead of using the credit card special financing benefits, the Crate and Barrel & CB2 MasterCard earn 10% back and reward dollars on every day on purchases at Crate & Barrel, Crate & Kids, and CB2.
You also earn 2% back on grocery store purchases and 1% back on all other purchases with CB2 MasterCard. The reward downloads expires in next 12 months is there is no purchases within the 12 months of reward dollars earned.
The reward points you get from CB2 MasterCard or Crate and Barrel Credit Card can be redeemed for Crate and Barrel Reward certificate in $20 increments. Once the balance of $20 as reward dollars has deposited in your account the points will automatically redeemed for $20 that can be used at CB2 and Crate and Barrel Store. You can ready maximum of $10,000 for each building cycle.
Rate and Fees of Crate and Barrel Credit Card
|Cash Advance APR
|Regular Purchase APR
|32.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
|Returned Payment Fee
|Foreign Transaction Fee
|Interest Charge (Minimum)
|Late Payment Charges
|No Interest Grace Period for Late Payment
|Cash Advance Fee (Minimum)
|Cash Advance Fee (%)
|up to 5%
Pros & Cons of Crate and Barrel Credit Card
- The card has no annual fee.
- 10% back as reward dollars on CB2 or Crate and Barrel spending.
- Extended warranty on purchases with financing services.
- Approval with fair credit.
- High regular APR.
- No welcome bonus.
- Foreign transaction fee.
» MORE: Ramp Business Card Review
Major Difference Between Crate and Barrel and CB2 Mastercard
As we know, the Crate and Barrel MasterCard is one of the main credit products from Symphony Bank and Crate and Barrel Store. The Symphony Bank also issues and no annual fee store credit card which is known as the Crate and Barrel Credit Card.
The main difference between the two cards is where you can use these cards. You can use the MasterCard version to make purchases anywhere in the world and store card is only good for Crate and Barrel store, Crate & Kids, or on website in U.S. Also, the store card does not earn reward dollars on grocery purchases, while mastercard version earn 2% back as reward dollars on grocery purchases and 1% on all other purchases.
Let’s see how these two cards stands with each other.
|Crate & Barrel Credit Card
|Crate & Barrel Mastercard®
|Earn 10% back in Reward Dollars,
or receive special financing for 6 months
on purchases of $749 or more at Crate & Barrel
|Earn 2% back in Reward Dollars on
grocery store purchases
|Earn 1% back in Reward Dollars on
every other purchase anywhere
Mastercard is accepted
|No annual fee
|Mastercard member benefits
Eligibility Criteria for Crate & Barrel Credit Card
You should have the following eligibility criteria to apply for this credit card:
|Type of customer
|– Active Duty Military
– Military Dependent
|– Employed Full-Time
– Employed Part-Time
|– U.S. Citizen
– U.S. Permanent Resident
|Credit Score Range
Should you apply for Crate and Barrel Credit Card?
However, the Crate & Barrel Credit Card is not a attractive credit card even for those who shop regulary at Crate & Barrel Store. There are no compelling reward or benefits for customers for a cardholder, other than reward dollars that can be used for further purchases.
The reward earning on Crate and Barrel store is above average, giving the high price point of the company merchandise, but the $20 increament reward certificate will no go far at this retailer.
So, this card will be a good option for those who want to earn rewards on furniture and home decor items.
» MORE: Hollister Credit Card Review
How to apply for Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
Follow the below steps to apply for the Crate & Barrel Credit Card:
- To apply, you can visit in person at Crate & Barrel or CB2 store or visit its official website at https://www.crateandbarrel.com/rewards/.
- Now complete the application form.
- In case, if you get instant approval, you will be provided a Temporary Account Number. The temporary number will allow you to shop at store or online. It is valid for 15 days.
- The physical credit card will be sent to you in the mail within the next 7–10 business days.
- If you do not get instant approval, it may take up to 10 days to know about application status through email or mail.
Crate and Barrel Credit Card FAQs
Where can i use Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
You can use Crate & Barrel Credit card to make purchases at Crate & Barrel, Crate & Kids, CB2 brand catalogs, or website. While the Mastercard can be used anywhere in the world.
Does the Crate & Barrel have a foreign transaction fee?
Yes, the Crate & Barrel card has a foreign transaction fee of 3%, which is higher than other cards. You should consider other card if you make frequent foreign transaction fee.
What is the customer support number of Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
The Crate and Barrel credit card customer support number is (866) 226-5638.
What is the APR for Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
The Crate & Barrel credit card has a high annual APR of 24.74%, while the variable cash advance APR is 29.99%.
What is the official website of Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
The official website of Crate & Barrel Credit Card is crateandbarrel.com.
Whar are the benefits of Crate & Barrel Credit Card?
The card offer following unique benefits:
– Theft & Warranty protection
– Emergency Support
– Zero fraud liability
– Reports to major credit bureaus