Credit Cards for Nurses: Nurses handle every type of situation, and their work is also challenging. Nurses should have good credit, which is easy to use, and get all the benefits like good offers, regards, and benefits.
Nurses also need a good credit card which helps them to save some extra money on their expenses. Nurses need to handle different types of work and have some personal and house expenses; for that, they must have a good credit card. Professional working and personal life are different, and Nurses also need a fine credit card to fulfill their financial requirements.
Nurses have different skills to manage their finances, so it is important to select the best credit card from thousands of credit cards. And in this article, we will discuss the best 10 credit cards for nurses.
After doing a lot of research, we have selected some best credit cards for LPNs, CNAs, LVNs, RNs, and travel nurses.
A good credit card will help you manage all your expenses well with some extra perks and benefits. While we do the research, we find that every credit card has different benefits and spending limits. There are different types of people in the world, and to cater to them, credit card issuers also made different types of credit cards to fulfill their daily needs with extra benefits. So, in this article, we will cover the best 10 credit cards for nurses, which will give you the maximum benefit.
So, let’s have a look!
Here is a list of the best credit cards for nurses to fulfill their basic needs:
- 1 Best Credit Cards For Nurses
- 2 Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- 3 The Platinum Card® from American Express
- 4 The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- 5 Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
- 6 Citi® Double Cash Card
- 7 Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- 8 Chase Freedom Flex℠
- 9 American Express® Gold Card
- 10 United℠ Explorer Card
- 11 Hilton Honors American Express
Best Credit Cards For Nurses
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card
- Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
- Citi® Double Cash Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- American Express® Gold Card
- United℠ Explorer Card
- Hilton Honors American Express
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
If you are looking for the best credit cards for nurses, you can select the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. You will get amazing offers and benefits with the help of this credit card. If you take Capital One Venture Credit Card and spend $4000 within the first 3 months of activation, you will get a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles. Every day you will get unlimited 2x miles on your expenses. And the best thing about the Capital One Venture Credit Card is the miles will stay valid.
The card offers a good opportunity to grab a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. If you regularly travel for health programs, you can earn 5x miles. You will also get miles when you book hotel rooms and rental cars through the Capital One Travel One Credit Card. And you can again use the miles to be reimbursed for your next travel purchase.
Major Benefits of Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Get 75,000 miles as a bonus, if you spend $4,000 on your purchase in the first 3 months from the account opening
- Get $300 Back Annually as Statement Credits for Bookings
- On account anniversary, you will get 10,000 Miles
- Get access to President’s Circle Elite status
- You will get Airport Lounge Access and Priority Pass
- Get 10x miles on Hotel and rental car booking
- Get 5x miles on flight booking with Capital One Travel
- And 2x miles on all other expenses.
- The annual fee is $395.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
The Americal Express Platinum Card is the best choice if you have regular travel programs. The card offers free credits and complimentary elite status. But the card comes with an annual fee of $695; the fee is quite high, but the benefits and perks are also good. If you successfully take this credit card, you can earn 100,000 Membership Reward Points if you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months of card activation. The American Express Platinum Card comes in different designs; you can select any one, like Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, Classic Platinum Card, and Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
This premium credit card gives you 5x reward points on your flight booking with the partnered airlines. You will also get 5x rewards on prepaid hotel booking with the partnered hotels. And you will also get $200 back in statement credits yearly on prepaid Hotels and Resorts.
If you made the payment with your Platinum Credit Card, then every month, you will get up to 20% cash back on eligible purchases. The card offers Equinox club memberships or up to $25 monthly on the Equinox digital fitness app. And the card does not charge any foreign transaction fee.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
The annual fee of the Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express is zero. The card gives you 15,000 Membership Reward points if you spend $3000 on eligible purchases. But this offer is valid for the first 3 months of the Blue Business Plus credit card Membership. You will get 2x Membership rewards points on your daily health expenses. If you want to make a big purchase and your credit limit is low, you can go beyond the credit limit with your Expanded Buying Power.
It would be best if you avoided unlimited expenses with your credit card, which can impact your credit score and indicates that you depend on the credit card for your daily expenses. Your credit score depends on your card usage, credit repayment history, financial resources, and many other factors. The card offers a 0.0% intro APR on expenses for the first 12 months from the account opening date. After that, APR will vary between 14.74% to 22.74%. And yes, the credit card charges 2.7% as a Foreign Markup Fee.
Check this also: Zolve Credit Card Review
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
The Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card is also useful for nurses. After the account opening, if you spend $7,500 on your purchases, you will get $750 as a bonus cashback. And you will get 1.5 cash back on your every purchase. You can redeem the reward points for gift cards, travel tickets, cash back, etc. The card has special security to protect unauthorized transactions. You can track your transaction from the online application of the Ink Business Credit Card.
The card comes with 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 months. Then the APR will be 13.99% to 19.99%
Citi® Double Cash Card
If you are still searching for a good credit card for nurses, then the Citi Double Cash Card could be the last search for you. This credit card offers the best cashback earnings on your every purchase. You can earn 2% cashback on your every purchase. You will earn all the cashback in the form of ThankYou Points with the help of the Citi Double Cash Card.
- Get 2% cashback (1% while doing a purchase and 1% when you pay the amount)
- Get 0% APR on balance transfers for 18 months; after then, 18.99% – 28.99% will be charged.
- Zero annual fee
Whatever the amount you use from the credit card, pay before the due date to avail maximum benefits. And the best thing is the card is offering 0% APR on balance transfer for the first 18 months from the opening of the credit card account. After 18 months, the APR will be 18.99% – 28.99% variable based on your creditworthiness. If you make a big purchase and want to avoid any interest, you have to pay the full amount before the due date.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Best Starter Travel Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card is the best credit card for traveling and dining. The credit card gives you great benefits on your traveling and dining expenses.
You have to pay $95 for this credit card as an annual fee. You will get 5x Chase Ultimate Reward points on your travel booking with the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, 3x on dining, streaming services, and online groceries, and 2x on all your other travel expenses.
This credit card offers 10% bonus anniversary points and 12 months’ subscription to DoorDash DashPass when you activate by December 31, 2024. And a $ 50 anniversary statement credit for the Hotel.
The card also protects your travel plans, including trip delay, baggage, rental car, and purchase protection plans.
- Get 5x reward points on travel bookings via Chase
- 3x reward points on dining and eligible delivery services
- 2x regard points on other travel expenses
- Get 10% anniversary bonus points
- Travel trip insurance coverage
- Get primary rental car insurance
- $95 annual fee
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Best for 5% Cash Back Quarterly Categories
The Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card is free; the card has no annual fee. This credit card offers you 5% cash back in quarterly categories (cashback up to $1500) if you make your travel purchase via Chase.
The Freedom Flex Cardholders get 3% cash back at drug stores, eligible food stores, and restaurants.
The card also gives you extra benefits like mobile phone insurance, purchase protection, secondary rental car insurance, and travel trip cancellation insurance.
- If you spend $500 in the first 3 months, you can earn a $200 bonus.
- Get up to 5% cash back on quarterly bonus categories
- Get 5% cash back on Travel Expenses Via Chase
- Get 3% cash back at Drug Stores, Restaurants, and Eligible Food Delivery
- Get insurance plans in different categories.
- Zero Annual Fee
Check this also: Take Bath And Body Works Credit Card
American Express® Gold Card
The American Express Gold Card is also a fantastic credit card that comes with the following reward points:
- Get Membership Reward points at restaurants; this includes takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- Get 4x reward points at U.S supermarkets (on purchase of $25,00 per calendar year, then 1x)
- Get 3x reward points on flight booking with airlines or on amextravel.com
The card also offers good rewards if you get to opt for the premium membership of the card:
$120 User Cash: This is very simple, you need to add your gold card to your Uber account, and every month Uber will add $10 to your Uber account, and you can use then for Uber Eats or User rides in the U.S.
$120 Dining Credit: If you use your credit card to pay the dining bills, then you can earn up to $10 credit in your monthly statement. You can use the Express Gold Card at The Cheesecake Factory, Grubhub, Wine.com, Goldbelly, Milk Bar, and Shake Shack locations.
United℠ Explorer Card
Best for Benefits on United Airlines
The United Explorer Credit Card gives you great benefits if you are flying to the U.S. This includes
- Get a free first checked bag when you pay using the Explorer card.
- Get extra awards while redeeming your United miles.
- Get priority boarding and companions on your reservation.
- Get 2 free United Club passes on the account anniversary
- Get a statement credit of $25 on purchases of beverages, Wi-Fi, and food purchases.
- Get premier upgrades on award tickets.
United Explorer Credit Card is an All-In-One credit card; you will get travel and other expenses perks.
With all the benefits of travel, the United Explorer card also gives you purchase protection, trip cancellation insurance, extended warranty, etc.
Hilton Honors American Express
The Hilton Honors American Express Credit Card comes with zero annual fees and gives you 7x Hilton Honors point at Hilton properties and 5x reward points at supermarkets, restaurants, and gas stations in the United States.
With this credit card, you will get a complimentary Silver status, giving you a 5th night free on award stays and 15% bonus points at Hilton stays.
If you spend $20,000 annually, you will get a Gold status and ultimate benefits.
- If you spend $1000 in the first 3 months of account activation, you will get 70,000 Hilton Honours Bonus Points and a Free Night Reward.
- Get 7x reward points at Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
- Get 5x reward points at U.S. Supermarkets, U.S. Restaurants, and U.S. gas stations.
- Get complimentary Holton Honours Silver Status.
- Zero Annual Fee