Torrid is a popular plus-sized apparel company that offers “Torrid Credit Card.” This card is issued by Comenity Bank which is refreshing and a simple store card.
The Torrid card has no annual fee and is useful if you want to save on plus-size purchases from Torrid. If you are the Torrid brand loyalist, then you will find a great value in this credit card, as you get 5% discount on Torrid purchases with a valuable sign-up bonus.
The Torrid Credit Card has decent rewards and savings, but its 35.24% APR is very high and some extra fees will make you look for other credit card.
So let’s find out if this credit card is right for you!
- 1 What is Torrid Credit Card?
- 2 Torrid Credit Card Quick Overview
- 3 Torrid Credit Card Benefits
- 4 How to Earn Torrid Rewards?
- 5 Torrid Credit Card Pros & Cons
- 6 Rates and Fees
- 7 Eligibility Criteria for the Torrid Card
- 8 How to apply for the Torrid Credit Card?
- 9 Who Should Get Torrid Credit Card?
- 10 Best Alternatives to The Torrid Credit Card
What is Torrid Credit Card?
The Torrid Credit Card is offered by a popular plus-sized apparel company Torrid, and issued by the Comenity Bank. It is a simple store card that has $0 annual fee. If you are a Torrid loyalist, this card will save a little cash on plus-size purchase.
The Torrid card is a good choice for discounts on Torrid store, occasional coupon or special offers. Although the card has no annual fee, but its extremely high APR makes it difficult to fit for everyone.
Torrid Credit Card Quick Overview
- The card has no anual fee.
- You get 40% off on your first purchase when you open and immediately use the Torrid card online.
- Get 5% off on every Torrid purchases.
- As a welcome gift, you get $15 off on purchases of $50 or more.
- You get exclusive access to sales, offers, and more.
Torrid Credit Card Benefits
Now, let’s talk about this credit card benefits and features:
1. Welcome Offer (40% off)
The card offers decent welcome benefit. Cardholders get 40% discount on your first purchase from Torrid.com, and $15 off for purchases of $50 or more. But you have to use the discount code on the day the credit card gets approved.
2. Reward Earning (5% off on Torrid Purchases)
The Torrid credit card gives you 5% off on Torrid store purchases its official website. But, you cannot use this discount offer with the 40% off welcome offer. This offer cannot be combined with catalogue coupons, codes or selected sitewide promotions. However, the credit card does not earn any rewards.
3. Access to Loyalty Programs
The Torrid Store has mainly three loyalty programs: Insider, Loyalist and VIP. This programs earns you points. The number of points you earn depends on which tier you’re placed in. As that level of tier increases the number of points also increases. Yoy earn Torrid Rewards such as free shipping, free returns and a birthday gift.
The process of collecting points is also different – this include store’s daily marketing email, product sharing, product reviews or sharing on Facebook or Pinterest.
4. Credit Score Reporting
Your Torrid Credit Card activity is reported to the three main credit bureaus, which means you can check and improve your credit score. Keep in mind to make regular payments each month.
» MORE: Taz Credit Card Review
How to Earn Torrid Rewards?
Here are some ways to earn some Torrid Rewards:
- You earn 1 point for every $1 spend.
- Earn 1 point each day by clicking on the daily marketing email.
- You can earn 25 points for sharing a product review with a photo (earn 10 points for product review without photo).
- Earn 2X to 3X points during the special Torrid Reward Program.
- You earn 10 points for sharing a product on Facebook or Pinterest.
Torrid Credit Card Pros & Cons
- The card has no annual fee.
- Special $15 off on purchase of $50 as welcome offer.
- You earn 40% off on your first purchase from Torrid Store.
- You earn extra 5% off on every purchase from Torrid Store.
- You get exclusive access to sales, offers, and much more.
- Cardholders get access to Loyalty Programs.
- Very high annual APR.
- The card can only be usable at Torrid store.
- You don’t earn rewards on every purchase.
Rates and Fees
|Paper Statement Fee
|Return Payment Fee
|Late Payment Fee
|up to $39
» MORE: Brightway Credit Card
Eligibility Criteria for the Torrid Card
|Type of Customer
|18 years or older
U.S. Permanent Resident
|Credit Score Range
How to apply for the Torrid Credit Card?
If you’re interested in this card then follow the below steps to apply for the card online:
- Visit the Torrid credit card offical website torrid.com.
- Click on “Apply Now” and fill out the application.
- Privide your personal information such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Check the information and submit the application.
Who Should Get Torrid Credit Card?
The card is ideal for people who are a frequent Torrid shopper, as the card offers 40% off on your first Torroid purchase with a $15 off coupon as a welcome gift. Plus, you get extra 5% off on every purchase from Torrid Purchase.
But, if you carry a balance, the card high annual APR will blow the benefits. Also, the card can be only be used at Torrid Stores. This card is only good if you are an occasional customer of the store. If you are not, consider getting a reward credit card.
Remember, cardholders can still enjoy Torrid reward program without the card.
Best Alternatives to The Torrid Credit Card
If you are looking for some better credit cards than this, below are some great suggestions:
1. Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is a great cash back reward credit card, as it offers unlimited 2% cash back on purchases. Also, it comes with a generous welcome bonus of $200 after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
If you are looking a cash back reward credit card, then this card is one the best alternative of the Torrid card.
2. Chase Freedom Flex
The no annual fee Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card offers best in class cash back benefits around bonus categories. Cardholders earn 5% cash back on different categories like gas stations, grocery stores (excluding Target® and Walmart®), and select online merchants on up to $1,500. Plus, you earn 3% cash back on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services.
These reward benefits are way better than the Torrid card. All these benefits make the Chase Freedom Flex a much option than the Torrid card in almost every way.
What is the annual fee of Torrid Credit Card?
The Torrid card has $0 annual fee.
What is Torrid Credit Card?
The Torrid Credit Card is offered by a popular plus-sized apparel company Torrid, and issued by the Comenity Bank. It is a simple store card that has $0 annual fee.
Does the Torrid card offer intro APR?
No, the card doeos not offer intro APR for purchases and balance transfer.
What is the annual APR of the Torrid Credit Card?
The annual APR of Torrid card is 35.24%, which is very high.
Is Torrid Credit Card Good?
Probably not for everyone. The card is only usable at Torrod stores and its website. The card offers 40% off on your first Torroid purchase with a $15 off coupon as a welcome gift. Plus, you get extra 5% off on every purchase from Torrid Purchase. But, if you carry a balance, the card high annual APR will blow the benefits.